Roots & Branches: Sharing Adirondack Music Traditions
June 16 -18, 2017
Great Camp Sagamore, Raquette Lake, New York
Our 2nd annual weekend workshop offering young musicians the opportunity to study with well-known Adirondack performers, including:
Peggy Lynn / Dan Berggren / John Kirk / Trish Miller / Dan Duggan
The Roots & Branches musicians share their deep experience in performing and will share Adirondack musical traditions including singing and songwriting, playing fiddle, dulcimer and other instruments. Participants will explore classic Adirondack music while developing their own style and technique.
All participants selected for this workshop receive a full-scholarship from Great Camp Sagamore's Music and Trails Fund. This fund was established to continue the spirit of good music in the out-of-doors at Sagamore. Scholarships include 2 night lodging accommodations, all meals served in our Dining Hall, instruction and activities.
For questions or to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name in the subject line. For applications, please address the following questions:
· Describe your educational background (interests? work experience?)
· Describe your musical background, influences, tastes
· What does the term "folk music" mean to you?
· Why should you be selected?
· Give contact information (email, phone, address) for someone who would support your being selected
- Attaching an sound file (mp3) is strongly encouraged but not required
Updates to the program will be posted here and on Great Camp Sagamore's Facebook page, keep checking back for more information!