Our annual endowed workshop offering young musicians the opportunity to study with well-known Adirondack performers, including: Dan Berggren; Peggy Lynn & Dan Duggan; Sara Milonovich; and John Kirk & Trish Miller.
The Roots & Branches musicians share their deep experience in performing and will share Adirondack musical traditions including singing and songwriting, guitar, dulcimer and other instruments. Participants will explore classic Adirondack music while developing their own style and technique.
All participants selected for this workshop receive a full-scholarship from Great Camp Sagamore's Music and Trails Fund. This fund was established to continue the spirit of good music in the out-of-doors at Sagamore. Scholarships include 2 night lodging accommodations, all meals served in our Dining Hall, instruction and activities.
For questions or to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name in the subject line. You can also call Sagamore with questions 518-796-5823 (Nov-April): or 315-354-5311 x1021 (May-Oct).
For applications, please address the following questions:
- Describe your educational background (interests? work experience?)
- Describe your musical background, influences, taste?
- What does the term "folk music" mean to you?
- Why should you be selected?
- Give contact information (email, phone, address) for someone who would support your being selected
- Attaching an sound file (mp3) is strongly encouraged but not required
Space is Limited. This program sells out every year.