Great Camp Sagamore is looking for sous chefs to work under renowned executive chef MacGregor Mann. The Sagamore season runs from early May to late October. A competitive salary and on-site room and board are provided.
Sagamore serves three meals a day, seven days a week, for up to 80 guests and staff, served buffet or family style. The sous chef answers directly to the head chef, who will communicate expectations regarding the safety, quality, and timing of food preparation, as well as standards of workplace safety, cleanliness, and camaraderie. The sous chef is expected to assume the kitchen leadership role when the head chef is off duty. He/she will ensure that meals are prepared and served on time and according to instructions, and that standards of food and workplace safety and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- A high school degree or equivalent. College work and/or formal training in the culinary arts are a plus.
- At least three years experience working in a professional kitchen.
- A solid understanding of standard cooking and food preparation methods, ingredients, and equipment.
- Strong communication and supervisory skills.
- Ability to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to work.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems and adapt to change.
- Ability to keep a friendly, helpful and professional demeanor toward guests and staff.
- Good stress tolerance and an excellent work ethic.
- Solid professional reference(s).
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and list of three references to Garet D. Livermore, Executive Director, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Camp Sagamore
1105 Sagamore Road
Raquette Lake, NY 13436